Riva del Garda is within easy reach from several major international airports. The closest airport is Verona (less than 1h from Rovereto) which is well connected to a number of European cities (including Munich, Frankfurt, Paris and London). A shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes from Verona’s airport to Verona Porta Nuova railway station.
Other nearby airports are Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Bologna and Venice, but the train journey will be longer. Train timetables and information about tickets can be found on Trenitalia. For VISA information please refer to the ISWC 2014 page.
To get to Riva del Garda, from Verona Porta Nuova railway station:
- Take a train to Rovereto.
- Just outside the Rovereto train station, to the right, take the coach number 332 to Riva del Garda. Timetables are available by:
- (i) opening the page timetable;
- (ii) clicking “Zona 3” in the left-side menu;
- (iii) selecting the correct coach line “332: Rovereto-Mori-Riva-Arco-Bolognano” in the left-side menu.
If you need a transfer from Verona, Milano Linate, Milano Malpensa, or Bergamo Orio al Serio airports please follow the Rivatour transfer service link.
Groups (3 or more people) may consider reserving a taxi from the Verona airport to Riva del Garda: e.g., http://taxi.limtours.it.
- In Milan (Malpensa) you may want to take the Malpensa Express train + metro to get to the train station.
- Train tickets do not need to be reserved in advance. They can be bought at the train station directly, where automatic vending machines are also available.
- Bus tickets must be bought at the station, before taking the bus.
- You may opt for a longer (around 2.5h), panoramic journey and take the coach line to Riva del Garda at the train station in Verona. Info: http://www.atv.verona.it.